Joseph Provides IT Update to Residence Hall Association

Henry Joseph of Information Systems Addresses RHA Senate on Sept. 30, 2014

Henry Joseph of Information Systems addressed the RHA Senate on Sept. 29, 2014.

DoIT’s Information Systems Assistant Director for Campus Residences Henry Joseph presented at the weekly meeting of the Residence Hall Association (RHA) Senate on Monday, Sept. 29, 2014. The RHA is a student-run advocacy group that serves as a resource on campus to enrich residential life.

Joseph provided the group with updates on HBO GO, the latest wireless upgrades, the SBU 311 app, and some other topics before engaging in a Q&A session with members of the senate. Collecting student feedback and acting on it is a top priority for Joseph and his colleagues. Recently, he received the following comments from students living in the residence halls about their improved Wi-Fi experience:

“The Wi-Fi speeds have considerably increased and the connection is solid when I walk around in the building. The change is most welcome.”
Regards, Sushal Penugonda

“I bought a smart TV last semester. The TV allows me to use Wi-Fi to fund the apps, but I found that I needed to plug my TV into the ethernet port or I would end up getting a weak signal and couldn’t use the apps very well. This year, my TV is even farther away from the wireless router and I have found no need to use the ethernet port. The new wireless router makes the TV function so much better when I’m using Wi-Fi.”
Jose Rivera, Residence Hall Director
Stimson College