3D Animation

Here I used the setting of the 3d scene I had created for the previous assignment. I took the human model I made with makehuman and animated it using the makewalk plugin you talked about in class. I found several .bvh files online that I could use.

I quickly ran into a problem, I could only use on .bvh file at a time. To solve this, I used the NLA editor in blender to add in multiple .bvh animations.

Again I ran into another problem where the model position would reset to the start after each .bvh animation ended, and not continue from the position where the last one ended. I was stuck on this for a while, but eventually taught myself how to move the X and Y position of each .bvh using the graph editor in blender. It was a meticulous process to then make the animations seamlessly continue.

After I finished, I underestimated the time it would take to render the file. It is still rendering now but I have recorded a preview of the animation with a screen recorder of the 3D view on blender. I will replace this with the actual render once it finishes.

It is a total of 340 frames and about 16 seconds, it depicts a woman working out by her car in front of her property by running around the grass and doing cartwheels.