Academic Background

I have seen numerous instances where my father’s skills as an orthopedic surgeon have benefited the people around him. Hence this led me to develop an interest in biology and medicine early on in my life. However, there are still many avenues where medicine needs to advance. This became evident to me since I have a minor but permanent congenital bone defect in my right ankle. This motivated me even further to explore the possibilities of tissue engineering and how it can help in replacing and enhancing biological tissues. Both biology and mathematics were my strong suits, which led me to choose Bioengineering as my major. I completed my five-year dual degree program (Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology) at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India. A college system with less than 0.5% acceptance rate. I also minored in Microelectronics to get a biomedical instrumentation background. I like to teach, and hence, I want to work in Academia after completing my education. I recently completed an MS in Biomedical Engineering from Stony Brook University. I am currently open to job offers in the biotech/pharma industry.

Education

Stony Brook University, New York

MS in Biomedical Engineering – 2020

Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India

B.Tech and M.Tech in Bioengineering – 2018