Current

I am currently in the middle of a lab rotation in Dr. Yin’s lab investigating the mechanisms of plaque formation and rupture. I am helping by using analytical software including VMTK and COMSOL to determine the effect the composition of plaque has on blood flow in the coronary arteries.

Past

Senior Year

During my senior year, I worked with several student under the guidance of Dr. Strey (BME Dept) and Dr. Rohan (School of Nursing) to develop a patient lift assist device. This device helps transfer patients from wheelchair to bed and vice-versa. We were able to design drawings in CAD and translate those into multiple prototypes. Our work has been presented at the annual URECA conference at SBU.

Sophomore and Junior Year

I was also an undergraduate researcher in the McKinnon-Rosati Lab. I worked on a project that used behavior studies and sequencing techniques to determine the changes in cognitive function induced by chemotherapy drugs and PTSD in animal models. I was awarded a URECA grant that summer to help cover my expense while working on the project. I have also presented this work at the annual URECA conference at SBU.