Project 2: Still Life and Landscape

1/50, f8, ISO 800
          This is the first image of the pair of still life images. It is not an orange, but the exposure plays with its color and makes it seems so (It’s actually more reddish.). The theme tying this image and the other is a “quiet” mood – I could have easily included something like a cactus of overgrown palm tree, but those didn’t fit at all.

1/30, f9, ISO 1008.
          This is the second image of the pair, and follows the theme of “quiet.” I centered this photo because the plant (I failed to jot down what it actually was) was white, which contrasts well with the cooler background. Centering it created a point of focus, dependent on the colors of the entire image.

1/30, f6.3, ISO 800.
          This is the first of the pair of images for landscape, and the theme tying these together is “mystery.” Light colors create the background, and darker ones the front. This is actually my least favorite image out of the four, as it was hard to find an image to create cohesiveness.

1/80, f11, ISO 800.
          This is the second and last image, and my favorite. Taken on a walk from Port Jefferson Village and Stony Brook, I think it captures the intrinsic mystery behind nature perfectly.