Is Google Making Us Stupid?
What the Internet is doing to our brains
Nicholas Carr Jul 1 2008, 12:00 PM ET
Read the article and post your thoughts in a reply at bottom of this blog post. Thoughtfully, reply to others. If you agree with their comments, mention why you agree and give an example. If you disagree, do the same. Be intelligent and demonstrate your critical and creative thinking skills. What is Nicholas Carr’s point? Think about the following when replying:
• What is your first impression of this article? Reply with your first thoughts?
• What is your first impression of the author? Remember, this article was written in 2008?
• How many times a week do you use Google? How about in a day?
• Does Nicholas Carr make valid points about our dependence on the Internet and Google?
• How does Google enhance our ability to communicate, research, and carry on our day to day activities?
• Are we dependent upon Google? Give some pros and cons to our use of Google?
- Could you give up Google?
Please comment at our post site, Is Google Making Us Stupid Discussion Forum.