There are a lot of great apps to support all sorts of work flow on the iPad. I will add a few here and try to keep adding to this as you start exposing good ones throughout the semester. Please feel free to add any apps you find useful to the comments of this post as well. The links on the App titles open the iTunes App Store.
Apps I can’t live without:
- Evernote: I use Evernote to keep nearly everything in order. I use it for so much, I could talk all day about how useful this one service is.
- Scannable: I use this with Evernote to create very high fidelity photo based “scans” of my handwritten notes.
- GroupMe: I find this much better than iMessages for lots of reasons. I have groups of all kinds in my GroupMe.
- Yammer: The mobile app for the Yammer service is really pretty good. It lets me stay connected to all my Yammer groups and messages while on the go.
- Hangouts: Fantastic for text, audio, and video chat. And with our Google Apps on campus it is a home run.
- Drive: This is where I keep all my files and collaborative work documents.
- Docs: Its like Word in a browser, but I like it more. The collaboration features make it a no brainer here at SBU.
- Pocket: This is my go to “read later” application. I have tons of web articles clipped into Pocket for off and online reading.
- 1Password: There are a few password managers on the market, but 1Password is my app of choice. I have different passwords for everything … thank goodness for 1Password.
- Things: Beyond a basic to do list … sure Evernote can handle To Do items, but Things is built for it and I use it a lot.