Here are common contents of my backpack:
And here’s the pack:
My wife got this pack for me when she trained students for a presentation at the UN last year. Since it was a give-away, I thought it would be cheaply made, but it’s not – I love it! It has so many pockets that I still lose things in there! I don’t usually carry my laptop around, but I can. The backpack has a dedicated pocket that makes it easy.
– iPad air and Zagg keyboard in a leather case. I use it to read and take notes, web search, etc.
– Charger can charge my phone or iPad.
– Headphones and stylus.
– Portable iPhone charger.
– Lunch pack. When I leave our apartment I’m not coming back for at least 8 hours, and I’m not crazy about cafeteria food.
– Water bottle. I drink a lot.
– Scratch paper and a couple ballpoint pens. Reuse. Recycle.
– Business cards.
– Blues Harp in A.
I could possibly replace the pens and paper with the iPad, but in some situations pen and paper is more convenient.
It’s pretty strange to carry various wind instruments around, that’s probably most surprising.
I really need my iPad, and I play music every day, I gotta have my chocolate too, if my phone loses its charge it’s really inconvenient… but I think water (and eventually food) is the only thing I can’t live without.