This week we will be our first real deep dive into community. Now that you’ve experienced a little bit of Wenger we need to unpack what you learned there. Let’s talk about your reactions to the chapter you read and discuss some of the big issues embedded in his writing. I am going to ask you to write your own definition of community in teams and post it to the blog.
After that we will take a look at the curious case of The Bloomsburg Daily. We will look at it through the lens of community and disruption.
The second half of class we will be conducting a SWOT Analysis in class around the question of the iPad as an enabler within the context of higher education — teaching, learning, and community engagement.
BTW, we will be done early today!
- Define Community
- Conduct SWOT Analysis
Out of class
- Begin working on your Team Video project: This will be due in two weeks — by noon on 2/25/2015
- Complete the iPad survey
- Leave a comment on the other team’s definition of community
- Team Post: Select one strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat from the class SWOT activity and expand upon each to make a persuasive argument. See post holding our SWOT outcomes. Due Tuesday 5:00 PM.
- Weekly iPad Reflection: How are you utilizing the device now across all of your courses and academic life? Due Tuesday 5:00 PM.
- Weekly create. Due Tuesday 5:00 PM