21. Companies need to lighten up and take themselves less seriously. They need to get a sense of humor.
- If you as an organization take yourself too seriously, you suck up all the fun of work. Why do something if you cannot enjoy it and why take out the fun when you can put fun in?
22. Getting a sense of humor does not mean putting some jokes on the corporate web site. Rather, it requires big values, a little humility, straight talk, and a genuine point of view.
- This goes hand in hand with 21. Putting up a front is the last thing you
want to do. People can see through phony masks of humor.
68. The inflated self-important jargon you sling around —in the press, at your conferences —what’s that got to do with us?
- If people cannot understand what you are doing as a company, it would be difficult for new people to get into what you are doing as a company.
Work and fun should go hand-in-hand and if you are not having fun at work, make your own fun!