This week I will once again hand the course over to our two teams. I am very much looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us all today. The vast majority of the class today will center on the two teams leading the conversation. We will see if there is time remaining to introduce the next (and final) block of he class focusing on design.
For the final block we will be focusing on Human Centered Design and will follow the process that the unbelievably good firm, Ideo articulates. I would like you all to get accounts at their Design Kit site, download it, and read the Introduction and the Hear portion for next week. That will allow us to hit the ground running.
Out of Class
- Weekly Create — Show us what you think design means by being creative. Write your personal definition of design in your post.
- Weekly iPad Reflection — what iPad app is missing for you students in higher education? I want you to be as creative in your thinking as possible and use what you feel you understand about the work flow of students on college campuses. If you could build anything, what would it be and what would it enable?
- Read “An Introduction to Design Thinking“
- Read “Designing the New Twitter Profiles“
- Go to the Read Kit site and watch the “What is Human Centered Design” video
- Create an account
- Download and read the Design Kit Pages 1-18