This assignment is worth 25 Points. This individual assignment will be assigned at the end of the first class and is to be completed by Sunday at 5 PM. In lots of ways, this is really so I can meet each of you and learn a little about you. All I am asking you to do is create a short introduction. This assignment has a hidden purpose as well — it gets you all in the space and posting right away. A post that addresses the following:
- Your name
- Where you are from originally
- What are your interests
- Why you are taking this class
- Anything interesting about you that you’d like to share with us
- How would you describe your overall comfort level with the use of technology?
- Are you active on social networks and if so, which ones?
- Can you think of any area of life that technology is not a part of?
I would like you to respond to the first two readings, “Disrupting the Classroom” and “Disruption+Innovation.” Some questions you might address:
- How do you personally react to these readings?
- What questions do they raise in your mind as it relates to education in general?
- How do you see yourself as a student in today’s hyper connected world?
- Are there points that you particularly agree or disagree with?
Finally, I would like you to share a few thoughts from the podcast and class discussion.
To respond to this assignment, please create a blog post here in the course site. The important thing is that you tag and categorize it. For this assignment use the tags, “Personal Intro,” “Spring 2015” … tags are critical — use them! Categories are the same, “Personal Intro,” “Spring 2015”.
Personal Introduction and Reaction to our First Readings: 25 pts
- Answered a selection of the above questions in paragraph form using complete thoughts and sentences — 20 Points
- Used the appropriate tags and categories as described in the assignment. — 5 Points