Projects 1, 2, & 3

Project 1

Breaking Bad' Cameraman Tweets Behind-the-Scenes Photos

This one sucks. I ran out of studio time and I was working by myself so I was exhausted and didn’t realize that i set the lighting up wrong.

extra. this one just looked cool.

Project 2

Project 3

6 thoughts on “Projects 1, 2, & 3

1. Hi,
    I really enjoy the first photo in project 2 and the last photo in project 3. I think the difference in rotting and vibrancy work really well in a complimentary way. The lighting really develops the pumpkin in project 2 while on the other hand the color makes your project 3 pumpkin look amazing. Although in different projects, I think both works highlight life and death and are amazing.

2. I think that you did a really good job with all three of your projects. I think your strongest project is your Apparatus project. I really liked the amount of light that you allowed into your photograph. I also really liked your heel photograph in your Light project. I think that the color gels that you used really benefit this photograph.

3. Hi Ekaterina! Your projects are very impressive. Your project 1 is a successful recreation of the film scenes. I really like the different colored light sources making your hair and the edges of your clothes get an interesting texture. You also did a great job on project 2. You found a unique angle to capture the objects, and the different light sources helped to show their distinguishing features of them. In addition, I love the last photo of project 3. Although there is a wide range of colors in this picture, all the colors work together in perfect harmony, achieving a balance of warm and cool colors.

4. Hi,
    I want to comment on the images of your pumpkins. I believe one is in project 2 and one is in project 3. I couldn’t tell what the rotted pumpkin was at first, and I kind of enjoyed that I had to think about it. It looks very cool. I almost feel like it could have been a great photo for the color assignment. The way the whole scene is tinted green, which matches the mood of it being rotted, when we expect a pumpkin to be orange is very interesting. That being said, the water does offer a lot of interesting ways for the light to be reflected.
    I really appreciate the way the second pumpkin in project three tells a story. I didn’t know what the yellow thing was at first. I initially was just appreciating the bright orange against the cool and dark background. Then, I noticed that it was a crowbar and put the story together. I really appreciate photos that have a story in them.
    I also love the way the bright seeds contrast with the dark background when they spill out.

5. Hi Kat! I love your apparatus pictures. You are able to capture the lighting effects in each very successfully. The light blue color in the third picture is especially nice. To be able to capture that color without having the use of a pool and possibly having to modify the color gels is nice.

6. I really love your project on color, the image with the smashed pumpkin is my favorite. I especially love the added bright yellow crowbar, I think it really makes the photo more aesthetically pleasing.