1. Research & Context

Given the focus and direction of my final project it was quite difficult to find/identify works or collages put together by artists to show their growth. However as I look at my work and the growth of my work, I see that it touches all aspects and distinctions of photography. Portraiture is my bread and butter, but throughout the course of this semester I have definitely dabbled in landscape, and outdoor photography as well and ranging from controlled indoor studio photography all the way to outdoor, lighting focused photography. I have taken photos wherein i’ve tried to convey a story or a narrative, as well as focused on work with both and abstract and meaning (Period). Seeing this though definitely opens my eyes to the broadness that we call photography. It isn’t limited to the point and shooting of a camera but goes all the way down to journalism photography to even contemporary photography. Photos that capture a scene or a moment aren’t  limited to the simply portrait but are expanded to a multitude/host of other things, this understanding is quintessential to how we as photographers must see the world and understand/use this to capture both quality and composition of our pictures. This mental growth has also been keep to my development as a photographer.