Introduction Blog

Good Day everyone! My name is Christina Stiglianese (her/she). I am an SR at Stony Brook University, and I will be graduating this December with my Bachelor’s in English and going on to complete my LSATs and attend Law School. This is my second course with Professor Hautsch, I took Fan Fiction a few semesters ago, and I absolutely loved it! We all are familiar with fiction from our favorite authors and movie writers, but to experience the world of fan fiction the way Professor Hautsch laid it out before the class was an experience all its own. I am very excited to take this course with Professor Hautsch; and I selected this course because she is a fantastic professor, and she made learning during the summer fun and helped me learn more about the world of science fiction. I am eager to see what she teaches this semester! In addition to being a student, I am a wife and a mother to two handsome boys, who graduated this year, my oldest from middle school and my youngest from kindergarten. Because of the health climate these last two years, vacation plans have been more or less null and void; however, this year, my husband and I are taking our two graduates and my niece to Florida for an entire week in July. My family and I haven’t been back to Florida in about five years (we vacation to different places every year), so going back to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios is one of the highlights of this year!

I look forward to getting to know all of you! Have a great semester!

One thought on “Introduction Blog

1. Hi Christina,

It is great to virtually see you again in class! I am looking forward to working with you for another semester.

Congrats on your sons’ graduations and your upcoming graduation as well. It sounds like that trip to Florida is well deserved. My partner and I just got back from a trip to CA–our first since the start of the pandemic, and it was really nice to get away for a bit. I hope that you and your family enjoy your trip!

Reply