Hello! :)

Hi everyone! My name is Yi! Most of my friends called me Yiyi or Eve (which are my nickname). She/her pronouns. In addition to going to work during the summer, I like to exercise/workout for about 30 minutes every morning after getting up and then showering. This process makes me full of energy to start my study or work every day. Secondly, after exercising, I will continuously spend 1-2 hours a day listening to books and speaking practice to improve my speaking ability! Exercise + listening + speaking, I especially enjoy this process, completely relaxed and immersed in it. I occasionally go shopping with friends, watch movies, sleep on weekends, and go to the library to read. I chose this class because of the course requirements and thought it would be fun. I had never learned multimedia analysis and expertise before. Many people have become self-media or related social media careers, and I usually follow some bloggers such as TikTok.

I love watching anime, action, crime, and comedy movies and TV series, among which Kung Fu Panda series, Red Notice, Squid Game, and How to get away with Murder are all TV movies I am currently watching. I also hope to learn more expertise in multimedia. In addition to work and school, I am planning to become a tutor on some Chinese learning platforms to accumulate my own teaching experience. In the future, I want to be a Tesol teacher! I am very much looking forward to studying with you all this semester.

I share one of my favorite songs, My Love by Westlife. Have a great summer time!

@westlifeclips

Wow what a moment. Westlife and the Backstreet boys come together and sings 2 songs. #mylove and I want it that way. #westlife #backstreetboys #bsb

♬ original sound – Westlifeclips

Introduction Post

What Does 'Hello There' Mean? Everything You Need To Know About Obi-Wan Kenobi's Iconic Meme | Know Your MemeMy name is Hasan Baalbaki, and my pronouns are he/him. My interests are Video games, and I’m a fan of Marvel and Star Wars, as you can tell by the first picture I posted. My favorite shows include The Mandalorian, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Dragon Ball Z. I was born in the US but I have family roots in Beirut, Lebanon. I have been studying in AUB (American University of Beirut) for 4 years before transferring to Stonybrook. During my time at AUB, the country was going through the Lebanese Revolution, and It was LITERALLY happening right outside my house. It was happening downtown, and I live 5 minutes away from downtown. The photo above is a sculpture that was made by the people. There were a lot of these sculptures by the pier and downtown. I think its safe to say that I have a lot of stories to tell my future kids lol. This is a picture of me back in 2014, when I took a trip to South Africa. My group and I went to a wild cat sanctuary and we got to pet the cheetahs. I’m currently working at a retail job, so I’m gonna have to juggle with both my job and school work. But, since I did a Summer I course with no issue, I’m not really worried. I was searching for classes to do during summer II and I was recommended this course and another. I took this course to help fulfill requirements for my English Lit Major, and I am interested in films and the art of filmmaking. So, when I heard about a class that talks about it and how the mind is represented in those films, I immediately signed up. Hopefully ,by the end of this course, I will have a better understanding of the mind, and how it’s represented in film.

Where will the wind take me

Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth! She/Her. I currently live in Huntington with my Husband Dave and our chocolate lab mix Bella.  Bella is 4 years old, and we adopted her at 4 months.  She is our baby before the babies. My husband and I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to visit many places around the world.  We have a huge trip planned next year to visit parts of Italy, France, and Spain.  Here is just a preview of some cool spots we have been back in 2018! I look forward to exploring the views and trying new foods!

this is a picture of Bella snuggled up on the couch where we spend a lot of our time together. She is such a loveable girl and how can you not love that face! hehe

These pictures were from Italy in 2018 and the sites were beautiful and the food just amazing! yum yum!

aside from traveling and eating, I love spending time with friends either going to concerts or hanging at the beach.  Fishing is also a past time I enjoy in the summer months. Sitting back listening to the waves crash on the shore is the most amazing sound to me.  Recently we went to the Atlantic city beer festival with friends and got to see a couple bands we enjoy New found Glory and Alkaline trio. Also an emo girl at heart!

My passion was science, but I have always been interested in English. English has always been my favorite subject. Making the switch is new and exciting and I plan on trading in my scrubs for a profession in English. I would love to one day teach at a high school or college level.  Maybe even go into higher education! who knows where the wind will take me!

I look forward to meeting all my fellow peers! 🙂

Hi Guys, My Name Is Steph :)

Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie (Steph, Stephanie, or hey you, all works for getting my attention, I work with kids so mostly I just get screamed at until my attention is refocused on them lol). My pronouns are she/her and hun/gry. I love reading and mostly this summer I have been working and trying to read through my extensive book collection and finally part with a few because after I reached the more than a couple hundred range and they began piling on the floor, I thought something has got to change. I decided to take this course not only to fulfill a requirement for my English major but because this class sounded incredibly interesting, and I have never taken a multi-media class before, and watching movies and analyzing them is already something I enjoy doing on a weekly basis. So far this summer I have watched Always Be My Maybe, The Hateful Eight, Hunt For The Wilder People, 18 Presents, Léon: The Professional, Nobody Knows I’m Here, Looper, Malcolm, and Marie, and a couple more but I’ve already listed too many. Needless to say, I am a huge fan of film and find it to be an integral part of influencing our society while also commenting upon pressing issues and bringing these issues to the forefront of our collective consciousness. And as someone who is also majoring in psychology, I find topics about who we are, why we are who we are, and what our consciousness is and where it stems from fundamentally interesting. I wish you all nothing but the best and I am crossing my fingers for all of us to get A’s. 🙂