Introduction Post

Hi! My name is Rebecca Kennedy; people usually call me Rebecca, Becky, or Becca so any of them are fine, and my pronouns are She/Her). I am a Senior studying English here at Stony brook and I Transferred from Farmingdale about three? Semesters ago. I like to read; though specifically books that have supernatural elements. I love listening to music. Some of my current favorite songs are “Glimpse of us” by Joji, “One More Hour” by Tame Impala, “Sober” by Tool, and “Hey” by Pixies. Currently like most other people I am also obsessively watching Stranger Things. 

I recently got a puppy, Maxine (totallynotnamedafterMaxfromStrangerThings) and so besides work and school she has been taking up a lot of my sister and my time. 

I decided to take this class because it fulfills one of the requirements but also because I am a huge fan of media related classes when we get to look into films, shows etc. So it seemed like a good choice.

Intro Blog Post

My name is Jeremy Waterman(He/Him) and I don’t have any cool nicknames or other things to be called by. I had a decent amount of summer plans but college comes first…. right? I am a senior and already walked so I may be not too amazing but I will definitely be trying my best to analyze and all that stuff haha. I took this class because the subject matter seemed interesting and I need it to fully graduate. When it comes to sports I only watch Hockey(Rangers), Soccer(Barcelona), and Baseball(Mets) but I have not really had time to watch any of them. Some of my favorite books and movies would be American Gods, Breaking Bad, the Iron Man trilogy, Game of Thrones, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and just recently The Boys. I have been constantly trying to find new books to dive into but I always end up rereading The Outsiders, Normal People, and every Stephen King horror book. I am also obsessed with Marvel and 99 percent of the characters that come from it. If I had to guess what got me so interested in reading and writing for myself it would definitely be Stan Lee and all of his work. I have been trying to exercise a little more lately because Covid praised me for being a shut in. Whether its running, playing with my dog, or just going for a walk I’ve been trying my best to stay active in any way possible. I also love to watch anime that I have seen over a hundred times as well like Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Yu Yu Hakusho.