Introduction Post

Hi! My name is Rebecca Kennedy; people usually call me Rebecca, Becky, or Becca so any of them are fine, and my pronouns are She/Her). I am a Senior studying English here at Stony brook and I Transferred from Farmingdale about three? Semesters ago. I like to read; though specifically books that have supernatural elements. I love listening to music. Some of my current favorite songs are “Glimpse of us” by Joji, “One More Hour” by Tame Impala, “Sober” by Tool, and “Hey” by Pixies. Currently like most other people I am also obsessively watching Stranger Things. 

I recently got a puppy, Maxine (totallynotnamedafterMaxfromStrangerThings) and so besides work and school she has been taking up a lot of my sister and my time. 

I decided to take this class because it fulfills one of the requirements but also because I am a huge fan of media related classes when we get to look into films, shows etc. So it seemed like a good choice.

3 thoughts on “Introduction Post

1. Hi Becca,

Great to meet you. Maxine is such a cutie! That lil face!

I haven’t gotten to finish Stranger Things yet–my partner and I have had a pretty busy start to the month, but I haven’t been able to completely avoid spoilers. 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

I also really enjoy books with supernatural elements. What are some of your favorites?

1. Hi Professor Hautsch!
      Hopefully you’re able to finish it soon this season is definitely one of the strongest and most interesting and it stinks that there’s so many spoilers out there.
      One of my favorite books that has supernatural elements in it is actually part of a trilogy called The Darkest Powers. All of the books are really interesting and do a good job developing the characters abilities and their personalities. It’s one of the book series that really helped shape my love for reading when I was in middle school.

1. Hi Rebecca,

We watched episode 8 last night and will probably finish up the series tonight! Doesn’t matter that one of the scenes in it was spoiled for me, it still made me cry. Poor Will! 😭😭😭😭
        I haven’t read The Darkest Powers, so thanks for the rec! I’ll have to check it out. I really enjoy YA novels, so this sounds perfect.