Introduction Post

Hi everyone. My name is Anthony Aromolo, and my pronouns are he/him. My interests and hobbies include soccer and coaching soccer. At this time, I am coaching soccer at various youth levels, so many of my plans for the summer include working at various soccer camps. Some of the camps that I work are residential camps, so we get to spend the entire week at a given location/campus. Although I am an English major, I am working towards building a career in coaching and hoping to one day coach at the collegiate level!

This is a picture of me coaching at The Stony Brook School.

In addition, I am very eager to travel. I would love to visit Europe, especially Spain and Italy, relatively soon. I’d love to visit Spain to experience their culture and visit their soccer stadiums. A majority of my family is from Italy, so I’m very interested to see and experience where they are from.

This is one of the many stadiums I would love to visit in Spain. It is called Estadio Benito Villamarín, and it is home to Real Betis located in Seville, Spain.

One of the reasons why I decided to take this class is because I think the topic is very interesting. I also need to take it in order to graduate. I hope to gain more insight on different films and series and keep an open mind in terms of how my peers analyze things as well. I am looking forward to learning from the various ideas and insights of my fellow classmates.

I wish everyone the best of luck and a wonderful summer!

Introducing Me

Hi everyone,
My name is Tonicia (pronounced tuh-knee-see-uh), but some people just call me Toni. I’m a rising senior studying English, and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I have 2 pet budgies: Pearlie and Sparky.

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. I’ve watched the movies so many times that I’ve lost count 😂. I own some of the original books with the raised print, and I even own a Harry Potter themed journal. And, yes, I have most definitely visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Personally, if I were to be sorted into a house, it would have to be Gryffindor.

At the moment, my favorite tv shows are: The Good Doctor, A Million Little Things, Modern Family, and Love Victor. Sometimes I like to switch it up and watch crime shows like Criminal Minds, Leverage, or NCIS. Also, I have a couple of hobbies such as reading, writing poetry, and rapping. I like to think of rapping as reciting poetry to a beat, whether it’s said from memory or something I think of on my feet.

I listen to any genre of music, depending on my mood, however my favorites are neo-soul and r&b. My playlist mostly consists of Solange, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, India Arie, Lauryn Hill, Mary J Blige, etc.

This summer, I’m just working and taking summer courses (such as this one) to fulfill my major requirements. Also, I read the course description and thought it’d be interesting, and I get to watch films for homework so that’s a plus.

About Me !

Hello Everyone! My name is Brianna Diaz, and my pronouns are she/her. I feel my hobbies are very basic but I enjoy swimming, writing, reading and going to clubs with my friends. I am actually in Dominican Republic right now at a resort with my friends so this is one part of my summer plans. I am also going to Miami at the end of July and Colorado to visit my best friend. I chose this class because as much as I love having English as my major, most English classes in my opinion are a bit boring or just the same concept. It gets a bit tiring, so when I read about this class when applying for summer courses, it seemed out of the ordinary and it caught my eye.

Olivia’s Introduction Post

My name is Olivia Nobs, Olivia is fine! My pronouns are she/her! I am a sophomore studying English at Stony Brook. I’m a commuter, I live only 15 minutes from campus! I love to read, all types of books, though I usually prefer fiction. I love music and musicals, my favorite is Mitski and The Zombies. My comfort show is New Girl and I’m obsessed with my baby boy Georgie, he is a Shichon (shih tzu/ bichon)
I have been doing a lot of embroideries this summer, as well as gardening in my yard. I work at a public library in the children’s department, and I am planning on being a librarian in the future.
I took this class because, like everyone else, I’m fulfilling a credit, but I am also interested in this genre of media, particularly those that involve dystopian highlights. I have been told in the past I am very introspective, so I think this class suits me quite well. After browsing the class materials it also has elements that resemble psych which I also have an interest in. So I am looking forward to delving into the materials the class provides.
My favorite series of novels is the Scythe trilogy by Neal Shusterman, it actually relates to a lot of the Ideas we play with in class. It plays with morality, death, and one’s sense of self. My other favorite is Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott, I have a soft spot for classics similar.