Introducing Me

Hi everyone,
My name is Tonicia (pronounced tuh-knee-see-uh), but some people just call me Toni. I’m a rising senior studying English, and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I have 2 pet budgies: Pearlie and Sparky.

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. I’ve watched the movies so many times that I’ve lost count 😂. I own some of the original books with the raised print, and I even own a Harry Potter themed journal. And, yes, I have most definitely visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Personally, if I were to be sorted into a house, it would have to be Gryffindor.

At the moment, my favorite tv shows are: The Good Doctor, A Million Little Things, Modern Family, and Love Victor. Sometimes I like to switch it up and watch crime shows like Criminal Minds, Leverage, or NCIS. Also, I have a couple of hobbies such as reading, writing poetry, and rapping. I like to think of rapping as reciting poetry to a beat, whether it’s said from memory or something I think of on my feet.

I listen to any genre of music, depending on my mood, however my favorites are neo-soul and r&b. My playlist mostly consists of Solange, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, India Arie, Lauryn Hill, Mary J Blige, etc.

This summer, I’m just working and taking summer courses (such as this one) to fulfill my major requirements. Also, I read the course description and thought it’d be interesting, and I get to watch films for homework so that’s a plus.

One thought on “Introducing Me

1. Hi Tonicia,

Great to have you in the class!

I am also always sorted into Gryffindor (Pottermore insists on it, even though I maintain that I am mainly a Ravenclaw). What was it like going to the Wizarding World? I have some friends who are super into Harry Potter, but, sadly, they have never been there.

I absolutely agree about the connection between rapping and poetry. I love looking at song lyrics because of how clever and linguistically complicated so many of them are!

Reply