Olivia’s Introduction Post

My name is Olivia Nobs, Olivia is fine! My pronouns are she/her! I am a sophomore studying English at Stony Brook. I’m a commuter, I live only 15 minutes from campus! I love to read, all types of books, though I usually prefer fiction. I love music and musicals, my favorite is Mitski and The Zombies. My comfort show is New Girl and I’m obsessed with my baby boy Georgie, he is a Shichon (shih tzu/ bichon)
I have been doing a lot of embroideries this summer, as well as gardening in my yard. I work at a public library in the children’s department, and I am planning on being a librarian in the future.
I took this class because, like everyone else, I’m fulfilling a credit, but I am also interested in this genre of media, particularly those that involve dystopian highlights. I have been told in the past I am very introspective, so I think this class suits me quite well. After browsing the class materials it also has elements that resemble psych which I also have an interest in. So I am looking forward to delving into the materials the class provides.
My favorite series of novels is the Scythe trilogy by Neal Shusterman, it actually relates to a lot of the Ideas we play with in class. It plays with morality, death, and one’s sense of self. My other favorite is Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott, I have a soft spot for classics similar.

2 thoughts on “Olivia’s Introduction Post

1. Hi Olivia,

Nice to meet you! What are your favorite novels that you’ve read?

Also, excited to hear that you enjoy media with a dystopian bent. While not the explicit focus of our class, we’ll get a taste of that in some of the films and shows we’ll be watching.

2. Hi Olivia!
    Since you like to read (so do i) have you read the series “a court of thorns and roses”? It’s a fiction book with romance and magic. It’s pretty good. I enjoy it a lot.
    My comfort show would have to be friends! I could watch it 24/7