INTRODUCTION POST + COUNTLESS EXCLAMATION POINTS!

Hi everyone!

My name is Alessa, and my pronouns are she/her. I’m a Psychology major with a minor in English, and I’m also a Senior graduating (finally!) this summer. My plans after graduating are to land a job in research (preferably in the Psychology field) in the city, and be able to use my English minor as a way to further enjoy reading and writing.

I decided to take this class because after taking multiple English courses where films and documentaries have been part of the syllabus, I became interested in how and what I can learn through films. I’ve never been a fan of sci-fi, but hopefully this class changes that! My favorite film so far this year has been “Everything Everywhere All at Once.” I related so much to the overall message of the film, and I recommend it to everyone. 

I enjoy reading, which has been a hobby of mine since I was young, mostly classics like Pride and Prejudice, Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, The Great Gatsby and so on. As I’ve grown up, I’ve also outgrown certain genres and developed an interest in others. After taking a class where environment and culture were studied, I developed an interest in environmental literature/novels due to what’s happening with climate change. Also, while my first language is Spanish, I don’t read books in Spanish, but I’m slowly trying to change that. I recently bought a poetry book by Pablo Neruda, so we’ll see how it goes! 

Please enjoy this picture of Luca, my puppy. He’s one, but he’ll always be a puppy, and he’s the best. He loves to chase squirrels, is tired of eating kibble, and has too much energy for his dog mom to handle.

One thought on “INTRODUCTION POST + COUNTLESS EXCLAMATION POINTS!

1. Hi Alessa,

Great to have you in class. Given your background in psychology, I imagine that this class will be especially of interest, since it is focused so much on the mind, thinking, and feeling.

I have heard fantastic things about “Everything Everywhere All at Once”–and that it will absolutely make me cry, which I am not sure that I’m ready for just at this moment. 😂😂😂😂

Congrats on your graduation!

Reply