A Discussion on Cities and Nature

I was listening to NPR this morning and tuned in on a conversation about cities and nature.  Human infrastructure has reached nearly all parts of the terrestrial environment, but the majority of our population can be found in just a handful of places, especially along the coast.  Rising populations, increased energy use and development all contribute to a changing landscape, ecology, and climate.  As our influence over nature is obvious and undeniable, it is necessary to understand the relationships that these urban areas have on their surroundings.  This discussion does a good job of identifying the important questions we should be asking and explains some of the interactions that go on between cities and nature.  Give it a listen!

Listen to the NPR broadcast here!

39 thoughts on “A Discussion on Cities and Nature

1. dantecowl

This is a fascinating post! I’m grateful to have found it.It’s great to see that people are still talking about this.I also think it’s fantastic that you included references in your post.It’s always important to back up your claims with credible evidence.I believe it is also critical to consider various points of view on this subject.I believe that all opinions, regardless of their content, should be respected.I agree with your conclusion that more research in this area is needed.I’m confident that additional research would only add to the discussion.I appreciate the time you took to write this post.Thank you for bringing this critical issue to light.
    law offices near me

2. Frank

This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks! asianslot88

3. Frank

I do trust all of the concepts you’ve presented for your post. They are really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for newbies. May just you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thanks for the post. teratai888

4. Alexistogel

ALEXISTOGEL merupakan link rekomendasi bandar togel hongkong terbaik dan terpercaya yang memiliki minimal pemasangan hanya 100 perak dengan hadiah 4d terbesar.ALEXISTOGEL

5. Frank

It is very interesting topic you’ve written here..The truth I’m not related to this, but I think is a good opportunity to learn more about, And as well talk about a different topic to which I used to talk with others a course in miracles app

6. joj

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your site in internet explorer, would test this… IE still is the market leader and a huge portion of people will miss your magnificent writing because of this problem. NSFW AI Girlfriend

7. SITUS Online

\ALEXISTOGEL adalah situs slo*t online terbaik dengan permainan s*lot gacor resmi winrate tertinggi setiap hari untuk Anda. Daftar dan Claim Bonus Member Baru 50%, Raih keuntungan sebanyak-banyaknya!ALEXISTOGEL

8. Alexistogel

ALEXISTOGEL adalah situs s*lot gacor gampang menang yang akan memberikan Anda banyak pilihan permainan yang memiliki tingkat kemenangan paling tinggi. Daftar sekarang dan claim bonus serta nikmati pengalaman bermain terbaik bersama.AlexIsTogel

9. joj

I was just looking for this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your web site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Normally the top websites are full of garbage. pafikebasen