About Me

I am a Computer Science and Applied Mathematics & Statistics student.

Did you know that DVDs really run at 29.97 fps, and the MPEG2 stream has flags to ‘hold’ the frame such that a 23.976 fps is achieved?

Also probably useful info about me:

1. I love anime type stories– specifically the Persona video game series. And its music, which I am most likely listening to currently.
  2. I often get unsupported configurations of hardware and software to work, on the grounds of (a) I want it, and (b) I’m cheap and don’t want to get the package deal if I can get a chain of open source software to do the job (but not all the time)
  3. I’ve ice skated once, and loved it to the point of my friends kicking me off the ice since they were cold.
  4. I know much more useless information than above. More examples:
    • If you attempt to connect a PC to a monitor via HDMI, you might not be getting full color fidelity, since HDMI often assumes TV color levels. Short version: PC color levels go from 0-255; TV from 16-235 (the leftovers were meant for other data). But if a monitor expects 0-255 and gets 16-235, you’ll get light grey vs white and dark grey vs black.
  5. I like consistent systems, and will stop and fix inconsistent ones. Inconsistent = wrong colors, files out of place on a computer, a non-emptied trash bin.