Is torture a complete violation of human rights?

Describe your topic and state which side you will argue in your paper. Why did you choose this topic? Why do you think it’s important to discuss? Look into some background information about your topic and include some of it here. Think about what might important for the reader to know about your topic before they delve into your paper.

My topic is on torture on civilians in order to coerce them to give a confession or give up information. I choose to the side of ending it because of the affects it has on more than just the tortured. I chose this topic because I have family members in the army and I’ve heard stories of things thats happen to their comrades. Also I believe it’s important to discuss because torturers come from many places and sometimes they come from the government. and if the government can torture people it can torture you. For example Human experimentation on human in the soviet union and north korea. I feel like the reader should know that this is a serious problem and a big deal and how it could affect them and be a big problem in the future especially with tensions between nations rising . Maybe even a little bit of history would be useful for the topic

What claims are you ultimately going to make about your stance? What reasons will you give to back those claims? What kind of evidence will you use?

I plan to make claims on the perspective of the tortured and torturer and how it affects them. Then ill zoom out and look at how it affects nations , the view of nations and the people of the nation and explain how it has a negative impact on the people and the trust of the people in the nation.

What counterarguments could you anticipate about your stance?

A counter argument for not being able to torture someone is the exact reason its used for. “If we don’t use force and torturing methods, how will we find crucial information that wont be found out otherwise”.The answer to that is : there is another way and there is an answer. Torturing isn’t only used for on humans though . Humans abuse animals psychologically and Physically. And it’s justified usually because the person is trying to obtain dominance/ obedience over the animal. Which goes without say, isn’t really a good justification.