Kalina Roussev

video
video Info
  • Advisor: Patricia Maurides

ADHD and Me

I had always been aware of the fact that I had a different way of processing and experiencing the world around me. I’d find myself being excited by certain things so much to the point where I couldn’t sit still and would have to fight the urge to pop out from my seat and run around, I’d find other things that would draw in my attention so strongly my entire focus would be fixed upon them with the desire to ramble on and on about the topics I was passionate about, and I’d find that the way I learned was through what I could see and the patterns in the world I could identify. Upon many other notable details that I noticed about myself, it wasn’t until two years ago when I finally began to realize that from talking to some friends, my experiences were sometimes rather similar to theirs. Finally, after a lot of conversations and self reflection, this past summer I finally had a name for what this part of my self was called confirmed to me: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
    I felt a strong sense of satisfaction with finally having an answer after being aware of the hints for so long. That was what sparked the motivation for this series. This collection of photographs is a reflection and self-analysis of myself and my psyche, and a journey into further coming to understand who I am.

Attention – When I Have it I Hold it Strongly

Title: Budding From Moss, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: A Bundle of Red, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: Pink From Concrete, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Hyperactivity – When I Can’t Sit Still and I Have to Move

Title: Hanging On Tight, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: Whirring Lights, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: Do People Dream of Electric Skies?, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Patterns – The Way I Process and Learn

Title: if(“late_night” == true){reflect_light()}, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: for(surface_after_rain){raindrops(“rest”)}, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: for{(var i = 0; i < 100; i++){rock_spawn[i].display()}, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Ultimately Me – When I Find Myself Alone With my Unfiltered Thoughts

Title: Looking for a Friend, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: Washed Drops of Feelings, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography

Title: I Can’t Meet Your Gaze, Date: November 2021, Dimensions: 5184×3456 PX, Medium: Digital Photography