Baby Steps in Writing a Cover Letter

March 27, 2018                                                                                                                                            Re: Teacher Assistant Job

To Whom It May Concern:

I am contacting you in response of your search for a Teacher Assistant which you posted on Indeed.com. I not only have a high school diploma but also a lot of experience with young children from working at the beach as well as babysitting. I am currently attending Stony Brook for Health Sciences to gain a better understanding of people and how they act so as I can help them. My extensive experience with children and unhappy adults has given me the communication, teaching, and caring skills that would allow me to perform this job the best.

In working at the beach for 3 years, I have gained the ability to handle children and deal with people. As most of the families that come down have young children, I see and care for the children a lot. Many times, the parents will go down on the beach with the children, although the children will come back up to hang out with the “cool” looking beach guard. This gave me the chance to get experience handling children and their habits. I also must deal with many adults whom are unhappy that they are unable to use the private beach as they do not belong. In talking to these sometimes-emotional people, I have gained the ability to handle emotional and irrational people and children. My babysitting experience is also irreplaceable. Being 19 years old while my older siblings are in their mid to late thirties, I babysit their children often. I watch two of my nephews, ages two and four, every Friday, and sometimes even more, every week. This has given me the ability to care for young children even when their parents aren’t around. I understand how to deal with everything from a rowdy eight-year-old to a pooped and crying one-year-old. I am sure that I can handle anything the children at The Learning Academy will throw at me.

I can’t wait for the opportunity to help positively shape and influence the next generation and teach them while I learn from them. I am determined to use the techniques and experience which I’ve learned over my lifetime to positively impact and influence these young children and the other workers at the Academy. You will find my resume enclosed as well. Thank you for the opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

James Samonas

Image result for school babysitters gif