Project 1 — Memory — Deja Vu

The definition of the word “deja vu” is a feeling that one has lived through the present situation before.

My original idea for this project was to use Photoshop techniques to make a combination of pictures I took before to create that feeling of “lived the present situation before.” However, I could not finish that idea for several reasons: first of all, all of the pictures in my camera are taken before, so it feels strange to use those pictures in the current project; secondly, this weekend was a pretty tough weekend for me, so I did not have time to take pictures outside; last but not the least, I lost my battery charger for my camera, so I could not use my camera. Therefore, I chose to finish my project indoor with my phone, and I was going to finish my project in another way.

The way I chose to do my project was found by coincidence.  At least three days, I woke up and sat in front of my computer and started to search the artworks which are related to “deja vu,” I started to have that feeling. Then I thought, maybe I could take a picture to show my feeling.

I took three pictures of me sitting in front of the computer, and made this project. I took these pictures in different days and time, so I could show a feeling that I have lived through the present situation (searching for information about “deja vu”) before (and yes it was, for I did some research about the topic).