Personal

My main loves are books, water, and the outdoors. I don’t need much. I spend most of my free time drinking coffee and reading. I try to juggle a few books at once; something from the classics, philosophy, and fantasy. Lap swimming is my go-to exercise, and my (super achievable) dream is to own a kayak and live near a body of water so that I can spend my weekends floating on it. Throw in a house and a family with that, and I’ve made it. I’d love to learn a new language some day, but really, who am I kidding?

I got engaged to my beautiful fiance Amanda last June (2021), and we’re currently planning our wedding! I got her to wear this stupid hat for her birthday; enjoy this picture while you can, because as soon as she notices I posted it here she’ll make me take it down. I love it, though.

Here are some pictures from my 2017 “Evan Across America” road trip, in between leading industry and stating graduate school. Time of my life.

Me at the Grand Canyon, June 2017:

Here’s a view from my campsite outside of King’s Canyon National Park, July 2017.

Here’s a view from my campsite at Ellery Lake, at Inyo National Forest outside of Yosemite National Park. This is probably my favorite campsite I’ve ever been to!

Here’s a view of Mount Rushmore – It was far more spectacular in person than I anticipated! If you’re ever in the area, don’t miss it.