Color Portraits I made for my ARS 281 photography class. These are the photographic color portraits I made of my classmates, Mitva and Kira
Mitva by Lily
- likes cool colors and red
- Bright and intense
Mitva (1/3800s f/1.8 ISO 125)
Kira by Lily
- bright eye catching colors
- cooler colors
Kira (1/60s f/6.3 ISO 200)
Here are the final photos I took from the greenhouse photo shoot that I did to complete Project 2, including some photos I liked from the camera study,
I am so tempted to update this post with more info about each plant. Maybe I can do that sometime in the future…
Greenhouse 0529 (1/125s f/10 ISO 1600) Direct Sunlight
- I originally thought I wouldn’t include my camera studies, because I naively believed they would not come out very well. But honestly, I really liked all three photos in my white balance study, and the camera study also brought other surprises
Greenhouse 0534 (1/60s f/10 ISO 3200)
- This photo was going to be my shallow depth of field photo, but the way the tips blurred was super distracting for me, and eventually I just decided to use a different plant/view
Greenhouse 0551 (1/80s f/13 ISO 800)
Greenhouse 0553 (1/125s f/13 ISO 800)
Greenhouse 0555 (1/125s f/13 ISO 1600)
- While I walked up and down the greenhouse, I just had to crouch down and take this photo. Honestly I always thought this was a bit of a cliched shot. But now I see why.
Greenhouse 0557 (1/125s f/13 ISO 1600)
- Ahh… I had so many feelings about this photo. The little plants caught my eye, and I immediately knew what I wanted to take a photo of. Unfortunately my ISO is too high and the photo is super grainy….
Greenhouse 0562 (1/125s f/8 ISO 800)
- I really wanted to capture the subtle bits of color in the succulents here, while also creating pleasing an image filled with succulents.
Greenhouse 0563 (1/125s f/8 ISO 800)
- I really liked this jade plant. If it wasn’t so late in the day when I found it, I may have spent half my time with it. There are so many good photos I could have taken. I liked that this photo reminded me of being high up in a rain forest or jungle.
Greenhouse 0564 (1/125s f/8 ISO 800)
Greenhouse 0565 (1/125s f/8 ISO 800)
Greenhouse 0568 (1/125s f/7.1 ISO 800)
Greenhouse 0572 (1/100s f/9 ISO 1600)
- I’m honestly not too sure what drew me to these plants, and what got me to take a photo in the first place. But at some point, I felt compelled to take this exact photo, and I did.
Greenhouse 0574 (1/100s f/14 ISO 800)
- I really like the high contrast between the light green plants, and the dark purple ones in the back ground
Greenhouse 0578 (1/100s f/9 ISO 400)
- And how could I not take some photos of these cute little water plants? I have no idea what they are called, but they are tiny, and there are a lot of them.