Task 6-FINAL PROJECT PROPOSAL

NOSTALGIA

Project Description

For this final project, I have a nostalgic feeling of home. For the past few weeks , I have been having dreams and remembering life in Nigeria. These have been sweet memories of growing up without fear or worries , and playing on the street with friends from our neighborhood. These memories are mostly from my childhood. Although we didn’t have so much but I remember how happy and content we all were. This pandemic has opened several eyes and changed a lot of priorities. So many people now understand that life is precious and the importance of family and giving thanks. Those who are out of the country are feeling nostalgic and wishing they were with their loved ones in this difficult time, and those who are home with their families are just simply grateful and trying every possible best to keep their family safe. It is also important to remember that there are people in 2nd and 3rd world countries who are facing the same pandemic but have little resources to keep them safe or even feed them. The pandemic does not stop less privileged homes from starvation. Because I am not currently in Nigeria or any African country , it is impossible to capture these moments myself on the camera. However , I decided to improvise and capture things and people around my home that makes me feel nostalgic and that can showcase the idea. Luckily, I happen to run an African theatrical company , so I will be using a lot of materials and equipment from there and taking photos of some typical African costumes and musical instruments.

Outcome

• I will produce 10 images all containing moment  of nostalgic feeling of people and things.
  • The images will be taken inside my home.
  • The images will be of high quality and also edited with photoshop.

Method and Material

• Canon EOS Rebel T7
  • Canon Zoom Lens EF-S 18-55mm
  • Lighting equipment
  • African drums
  • African Costumes and face painting
  • Unique African fabrics
  • Adobe photoshop 2020
  • Natural Lighting

References

Artists that influenced this project are taken from publication titled AnOther

1.  Martine Barratt
  2. Pieter Hugo
  3. Prince Gyasi

Martine Barrat, Harlem, Eric Williams, the dominoes champion, 1983

From the series 1994, Portrait #7, Rwanda, 2014

Prince Gyasi, Bondage, 2018

Skip to toolbar