Blog post 10

I went to a concert on Sunday, so I posted a picture of the concert tickets on my Facebook page. My intentional audiences are my friends because I wanted to share my excitement of going to that concert. Even though I got zero comments, I still have two likes under that post, which is nice. I chose Facebook as my social outlet to post this picture because this is the only social outlet that I use. Moreover, I believe Facebook is very casual and it records important dates of my life. This is image is complemented with a text which is: “It’s been a long time since the last one….” By adding this caption, I wanted to imply that this is the second time I went to G.E.M. concert. Initially, I posted the concert tickets to provoke jealousy in my intentional audience, then by using the captions, I can further enhance this feeling to the extreme which make myself somehow superior than others. I believe this really is the general idea behind posting stuff on social media. This image has the necessity of posting in the first place because G.E.M. is a famous Chinese singer. Also, it is just simply worth of posting online because going to concert is an unusual experience unless you are super rich. There are not anyone in particular that I don’t want this image to be viewed because it is just a picture that shows I am going to the concert. I believe this is something that everyone would post and it does not offend anyone.