About Me

“Aesthetics are crucial to a successful narrative. So remember to surround yourself with good people,so that your story is memorable.”

Maa3f42d629bcb0f95061e44e5b5d5231When I was sixteen, I had extensive reconstructive knee surgery that changed my life for the better.  I went from being a three-season athlete in high school to someone who was unable to walk on her own for a number of months.  Instead of focusing on the negatives and my lack of physical activity, when I was able to get off of bed rest and start my senior year, I ironically enough turned to the thing that provoked my injury, sports.  However, instead of playing them, I started reporting on them.  My teacher handed me a video camera and microphone, looked at me and said, “Have fun with this.”  Little did I know, this little project turned into something amazing, and I became the first Lawrence High School Sports Information Director.  My responsibilities included attending all sporting events, photographing, videotaping, and writing about the athletics in my high school.  While the work was demanding, it paid off.  MSG Varsity, a subset of Cablevision, rewarded me for my hard work with monetary gifts for my high school, and allowed me to attend events such as Norman “Boomer” Esaiason’s charity event known as the “Empire Challenge”, in which the best seniors from Long Island play the best from New York City.  Single-handedly, I raised more than $5,000 for my high school, was chosen for an incredible scholarship, and handed the torch over to the next group, along with the opportunity to attend the 2012 Presidential Debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.  I truly feel blessed to have been given the chances that I have, and am looking forward to continuing my journey working in front of and behind the camera at Stony Brook University as a cinema and cultural studies major and a double minor in journalism and writing.

One Comment

on “About Me
One Comment on “About Me
  1. Let’s get to know a little more about myself. I’m a professional writer and blogger who has been on this journey for over 5 years. Follow here 먹튀사이트 for the games. It’s why I started this blog. I want to help people find their inspiration, be motivated by the things I write about, and improve their work-life balance so they can lead happier lives at work or at home. Hello, I’m Quentin and I’ve created this website to share the products I use and talk about various topics related to my passions.