Portrait Short Assignment

Kyle

Camera Metadata

• Aperture: f/5
  • ISO: 160
  • Shutter: 1/160 s
  • Lens: 18-55@43 mm Canon Lens
  • Camera: Canon Rebel T6 EOS

Notes: One of the thoughts that Kyle mentioned about color revolved around the idea that colors are greatly associated with temperatures. And that was something that I noticed during my Beach Photoshoot. That there was a certain temperature that permeated through a lot of the photos I took but more so in this landscape shot. You can just see how the light of the sun and the dark of the clouds mix then separate creating this nice blue tinge.

Emily

Camera Metadata

• Aperture: f/5
  • ISO: 125
  • Shutter: 1/160 s
  • Lens: 18-55@23 mm Canon Lens
  • Camera: Canon Rebel T6 EOS

Notes: One of the thoughts that Emily talked about is the shapes that color takes. And interestingly enough, when I looked at the water in this photo, I saw what she meant. The unique color scheme of the water is how for an object that is relatively undifferentiated in color, it still is able to express shapes and patterns. Despite how calm the water is, there is sort of this roughness like someone brushed an excessive amount of paint and let it dry where the dark specs will clump together or even form lines and other types of shapes to complete the whole picture.

Sherry

Camera Metadata

• Aperture: f/9
  • ISO: 200
  • Shutter: 1/100 s
  • Lens: 18-55@25 mm Canon Lens
  • Camera: Canon Rebel T6 EOS

Notes: I felt it was somewhat difficult at first trying to match up a photo that embodied what Sherry had discussed about what she believes color is. However, it was not until I noticed that despite this being a silent place, there are objects that associate color and sound together to the point it is indistinguishable from each other. The fire alarm is one that stood out to me. Being that our minds have this visceral response to the noise of the fire alarm, the red and of course, the flashing white light as well.