PROPOSAL

Title:

Self-love 

Project description:

For my final project, I don’t have a specific message or feeling I want to convey. In my photos, I hope to show this idea of an internal battle with oneself or different feelings someone may have towards themselves. I will be experimenting with mirrors its reflections to show different aspects or personalities of a person.  We will also be merging multiple pictures together to create a multiple of the same person but maybe with different feelings. All of this will be done indoors using a single mirror and a single person. In order to create the effect of multiples of the same person, I will be using a photoshop technique that stitches pieces of several pictures together to create a seamless flow as if only one photo was taken. I will also have to use a tripod to capture the same exact angles every time in order to create that seamless flow. One of the limitations of this project is uncontrolled lighting. Because I will need to take multiple pictures and it will be done inside but not in a professional studio there may be inconsistencies in lighting which will be seen when the pictures are stitched together. Another limitation of this project will be angling. I will be limited with which angles I can photograph because I need to avoid getting myself in the reflections of the mirror but still capture my subject and their reflection. 

Outcomes:

• Produce a series of photos (at least 7 photos) reflecting the message described above or at least make the pictures ambiguous enough to leave up to interpretation.
  • Have a series of photos with minimal visible mistakes regarding photoshop. 
  •  Have images that are majority black and white with minimal pops of color. 

Methods and Materials:

Methods:

• Prior to the photoshoot, I envisioned what types of pictures I wanted and then I wrote a description of how I want each picture and how it should be taken. 
  • Once I met with the model I explained my concept to her so she prepared accordingly. 
  • Then on the day of the photoshoot, I guided the model and gave her instructions on how to position herself in the mirror.  I explained the limitations such as how she needs to be positioned and distance herself from the mirror in order for the pictures to be edited properly later. 
  • Once I got all the images I wanted I upload them to my computer and began the long process of editing each picture.
  • Several of the pictures required I use different features such as the masking tool, erasing, gradients, exposure adjustments, saturation adjustments, and blurring. 

Materials:

• Tripod: The tripod was used for stability when taking photos. It was needed because I was stitching several photos together in photoshop the photos needed to align perfectly. 
  • Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera w/ EF-S 18-55mm & 75-300mm Lens: This is my personal camera that I’ve had for about 2 years now. Although it is a great camera I’ve found it easier to photograph close up images with this camera instead of landscapes or portraits however I did the best I could with the camera I had. 

References:

Google docs link to final project proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VhICPnkLn4jtEjm3J-YzjbdqS_xOS888tgRaX3had_A/edit?usp=sharing