Keyu Zhou

video
video Info
  • Since the covid-19 are out spreading. Besides the quarantine, my daily life is all about study, watching the news, and ambiguity with the concerns from my family. I was overwhelmed in the last half-year with all those things. It is difficult to sit in the painting room or in front of the computer the whole day while I go to the beach and spend time and gaze at the ocean. The peacefulness of the surface really calms me down.

For the senior solo show, I would like to paint the surface of the ocean.  I have decided to push myself a bit more on creating paintings from my perspective as an artist, how emotion can interpret my work. All my paintings will be using oil paint. All my paintings of this project would not be very detailed but still creates the sensations of peacefulness throughout the color choice and my technique. They are on different scales. In this group of work, I am mainly developing the painterly style, try to avoid lines, try to keep the painting more simple and straightforward to the subject itself and emotional level to the observers, and I wish my works can pull the audience out of the chaotic and enjoy the peacefulness even just a moment.

Title: That beach 1/2, Dimensions: 10”x20”, Medium: Oil on canvas

Title: That beach 2/2, Dimensions: 10”x20”, Medium: Oil on canvas

Title: An overcast day, Dimensions: 16”x20”, Medium: Oil on canvas

Title: Waves, Dimensions: 16”x20”, Medium: Oil on canvas

Title: Rainy, Dimensions: 18”x24”, Medium: Oil on canvas

Title: Last time, Dimensions: 18”x24”, Medium: Oil on canvas