We have a big demand for blankets, afghans, or lap blankets for toddlers, tweens, teens, and young adults receiving care at various Stony Brook medical facilities. Prayer shawls for adults are also wanted and welcomed. Colors suitable for boys and men are always needed.
Lap blankets are rectangular in shape, generally 35″ by 40″. Adult colors are requested.
Afghans are rectangular in shape, generally 50″ by 65″. Young adult and adult colors are requested.
Prayer shawls can be made in a variety of sizes. Rectangular, triangular, or use your imagination. Here are some web links to get you started:
+++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++
- Stony Brook University Hospital End of Care Unit need afghans of all sizes.
- Inpatient Child Psychiatry could use children’s afghans for ages 6 – 12.
- Labor & Delivery, Mother & Baby, & Ante-Partum Departments need new born baby hats (all sizes).
- Labor & Delivery Unit can use infant demise wraps (in stillborn thru full term sizes) and memory pouches.
- Child Life Services needs larger blankets (ages 5-21).
- Director of Chaplaincy Services is asking for prayer shawls for the oncology patients at the hospital.
- Chaplain Services is also asking for: preemie, newborn and larger infant blankets in white for Christenings that held at the hospital.
- The NICHE Program needs the larger adult size afghans and lap blankets to give out to patients, especially for our older patients. We also like to give blankets to patients who don’t get any visitors as a way of providing a little something to let them know that they are thought of and cared for. The Director is hoping we can support this request and anticipates needing approximately 20 blankets a month.
We hope you understand:
All donated handcrafted items must be new. We cannot accept any used or old items. Our patients immune systems cannot be compromised in any way.
For delivery of your projects contact: