October 22, 2019

Good Morning ,

I want to thank you so very much for taking the time to make such beautiful Afghans & Prayer Shawls. I cannot express to you how much they are so appreciated by our patients while they are in the hospital. I myself have given out these beautiful pieces along with our Nursing staff and volunteers.

Some patients do not have much in this world and others may not have visitors /family visit and when we give them these beautiful pieces and express that “someone took the time to hand make these specifically just for you” they are so touched and grateful. It also makes the staff/volunteers feel good to be able to see even for a brief moment a big smile and joy that you have given to our patients that received your afghans & prayer shawls.

Have a good day,

Carolyn

Carolyn O’Neill BS,BBA,RN, RN-BC

Geriatric Educator/NICHE, Elder Life Coordinator

Stony Brook Medicine

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

October 10, 2019

I just wanted to thank the Stony Brook Stitchers for the beautiful afghan that my mother got the other day on 17N. She has been going through a horrible and painful situation and your gorgeous blanket brought her so much joy. It’s her favorite color combo…lavender, white, and dove grey. The stitching is absolutely beautiful!!!
She had me take it home for her so it doesn’t get ruined.
God bless the Stony Brook Stitchers!!!!

LM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

October 2019

Dear Stony Brook Stitchers,

Thank you so much for all of the beautiful blankets you made for our patients on 19S! We are so grateful for all of the hard work you put into these blankets and the patients truly appreciate the,

Thank you again!

♥19S BMT

Picture – Poster My Wall