It was about time we got around to properly sorting. We were nearly out of room!
Come on Joe. Get it together.
Well we are coming into the home stretch down here. Now is the time we begin to panic about our upcoming presentations, lab practical, and ID quiz. But instead of hiding in our beds, crying and eating mounds of Guava jam, we have decided to face this upcoming challenge head on.
As of today, we began conducting transect surveys, a long process that involves manually recording what lies directly under the tape every 10cm for 25m (for those of you too lazy to do the math that is 250 data points). Afterwards we transcribe our notes into excel documents and send them off to be securitized by our much more proficient professors. [Ed: Hah! That's what they think, but they'll soon be analyzing those data themselves!]
Now, I know you’re thinking that that is not a lot of work but you’ve forgotten that, in addition to those duties, we have been swimming out and collecting grass tethers on a daily basis, as well as identifying two new species each day. So now that we have filled our ID chalkboard, it is time to manually transcribe that data as well.
Well, at least we have a lovely waterfall climb to look forward to on Sunday. Although I’ll leave that story to Stathi.