16 Jan PM – Certified SCUBA Diver

First dive of the day.

First dive of the day.

For about half the trip I have only been able to experience coral reefs through my mask and snorkel. And although the surface world has given me many unforgettable memories and experiences, I knew nothing will ever compare to entering the marine world myself and seeing everything I learned about eye to eye. So when my dive master finally asked me about my open water dives you can say I was more than a little excited. From the crack of dawn, we set off on our boats with brains full of curiosity and eyes full of wonder. And boy were we in for a treat, I saw everything from massive sponges to elegant princess parrotfish (sorry for the lack of pictures, no cameras were allowed on the dive). One of the dive masters accompanying us on the trip even managed to capture a nice lionfish that liked to follow us around. And best of all by the end of my final dive I was a certified SCUBA diver and was free to do this again whenever I wanted. I can’t wait to explore more dive sites and enjoy everything Jamaica has to offer.

The killed lionfish.

The killed lionfish.

• Andrew

One thought on “16 Jan PM – Certified SCUBA Diver