08 Jan 2019 – A Problem With Vision (Or Lack Thereof…)

So far on this lovely Study Abroad Trip, I am having quite the experience here in Discovery Bay Marine Lab. I have as of this writing been in the water a grand total of three times, and that number is sure to increase by the day. I have had wonderful experiences with my new friends here, and have seen many wonderful creatures in the ocean. However, there seems to be just one problem: my mask keeps fogging up, more often than it usually does. This seems to be every time I clean it once it leaks underwater, and this leads to me not being able to see much for a solid few minutes. This even prevented me from getting a more than decent look at a juvenile Spotted eagle ray on my checkout dive yesterday morning! I did see it for maybe a few seconds, but it is quite unfortunate I didn’t see it any more. I will look into what I can do with the mask today and tomorrow when I inevitably go out into the ocean to have even more fun!

A visual representation of the inside of my mask at times.

Andrew (Asparagus)

2 thoughts on “08 Jan 2019 – A Problem With Vision (Or Lack Thereof…)

1. Thank you for posting this Andrew. I’m enjoying reading all of your adventures. Can’t wait to see more pics (hopefully clear ones).