4 thoughts on “Project 2 – Message / Abstraction

1. The mirror effect photo is really interesting. The combination of depth of field and how you’ve balance the whites with a dark background almost gives it a ethereal feeling, as if you’re a ghost.

2. The pairing of the lockbox and key with the theme of love is really powerful. I love the simplicity of the photograph but the message can truly be taken anywhere based on the viewer’s own experiences. That type of open aspect is powerful for such a defined and simplistic image, but truly the entire set is wonderful.

3. The photos all seem to have a magenta glow, which makes the images seem more abstract from what the objects would actually look like in real life. I like the angles of the second 2 photos, but the perfect squaring off of the first photo doesn’t seem to fit the theme for me.

4. I like your group of photos, vaguely feel very girly. Although the background is a little dark, because of the light, the wood is very textured. It doesn’t matter if it’s a red nail or a pink box.