Jeanette Blanchette, WGSS BA ’20: I believe voices like mine need to be heard & represented

Jeanette Blanchette offers moving words about her experience as a Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies minor and about her plans for the future:

During my time at WGSS, I was fortunate to learn from a vast array of intelligent and passionate professors who truly loved their craft. I was able to learn more about the diverse communities around me and grow as a unique individual in this world. I am also very grateful to my peers who always created a diverse, fun, and comfortable learning environment where we all could discuss our thoughts freely. Words can never truly express the amount of knowledge and perspective that I have gained throughout my time as a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies minor. I will never forget how I started with WST 103 to become a minor and discuss my research on body politics in WST 408. Upon graduating Summa Cum Laude, my goals for the future are to obtain a MA/Ph.D. in either political science or international relations. I hope to become either a foreign affairs or public policy analyst and pursue a career in public service. I believe voices like mine need to be heard and represented. That being said, I wish my fellow seniors all the best with their future endeavors. Congratulations to the Class of 2020!

Jeanette Blanchette, ’20.