“I have a story to tell. This story is about my personal breakthrough while working in the hospital from the perspective of watching just how many patients lost their lives, with no clear pattern of who this virus will take next. In reading this experience of a single moment while working in a COVID epicenter during the first peak, I hope readers will be able to step in the shoes of a healthcare worker and see what it was like during this time. Additionally, I hope readers will perhaps understand my concluding realization that COVID potentially has something to teach us. With this, I bring forth this philosophical scenario in which this virus sees more equal worth in people than actual people do in modern society.”

Read the full story here: HealthcareWorkerBreakthrough

Magdalena is currently pursuing her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with hopes of becoming a Clinical Psychologist one day. Her passion in life is to help in enhancing the field of psychology with new theories and to apply clinical approaches to troubled and underserved populations, especially children and adolescents.