extra credit

I went to Zuccaire Gallery on March 24th during the reception. I saw black lines on the big wall of the gallery. On the opposite side of the wall, there were lots of papers and drawings star-like patterns made by paper and marker.  On the other side of the wall, there was an animative video of hands. one of the hands in the video grabbed a pencil and the other hand locked the other hand’s fingers together and kept replaying it. Behind the wall, there are oriental curtains and on the curtain, there were silhouettes of dancing women. Two women were dancing traditional Indian dancing with the background music which was clapping and jiggling sound. I also saw the lights with the patterns which I thought really pretty and nice brightness with the artworks.

My favourite artwork was the lights with the patterns. It was very pretty and the brightness of the lights was not too bright and not too dark in the gallery. At the edges of the light, I could see the blends of the light and because of that, it shows the little bit of green, blue and red colours. This artwork was close to the other paper artwork which did the similar thing with to show different patterns with paper and black markers.

Lights are essential in daily life and it was very pretty to show the artwork though it. It makes me think this simple idea can be an artwork. I do not know is there some meanings with the patterns, but it is not all symmetrical and that makes me not boring to look at it. I was not sure these lights are related or part of the pattern artwork on the wall, so it would be more good if there were little information about it.