2016 Election

2016 Election

Just wanted to give my two cents on the recent elections that have been occurring. I really hope that Bernie Sanders does win the election but lets be realistic. Unless he wins New York in the upcoming election, I really don’t see a clear path for him. Last I checked however, he was only down by 10 points in the recent polls so who knows. But I want to take a moment here and talk about just how crazy this election has been.

THE REPUBLICAN SIDE

You can already judge what I have to say about these candidates just by looking at who I am in favor for. But I want to make sure you understand that I don’t believe all republicans are bad. I just think that ones we have left are either the worst of the bunch or they will never get elected (which is pretty ironic considering how democracy is supposed to elect the best suitable candidate). Starting the race, I always had Rand Paul as my favorite republican but he dropped out really quickly. My second favorite, who is still in the race, was John Kasich but honestly that guy has no chance unless this goes to a contested convention. Earlier on I even started rooting for Jeb Bush to gain some momentum because of how bad Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are. And in all honesty, I don’t think he would have done a terrible job. It just sucks he has a terrible family legacy left behind. But with the candidates we have now I don’t know how this country is going to survive another 4 years if a republican goes into office. Now trump is a funny story because I don’t understand how this many people are voting for him considering he had a whole storyline in WWE ! I don’t understand the mind of a republican, or atleast these radical republicans.

THE DEMOCRATIC SIDE

The only candidate I think is even viable here is Bernie. Martin O’Malley seemed like a nice guy but that was the thing; He never had a chance because he was too nice. The sad part is he would have been the most relatable president in our current society. He put himself into debt supporting his kids through college, lived a fairly normal life, and seemed like an honest and trustworthy candidate. I guess the american people don’t want one of their own in the white house. As for Hilary Clinton, she’s the worst. She has switched policy positions on everything from education to marriage. How she is this popular blows my mind because I have less of a clue on her policy positions than trump.

Now that’s been a quick summary on the current election from me. I might break down the candidates further in future blog posts. I really want to talk about some of the candidates that have dropped out recently but that’s for a different time. Let me know what you guys think.