Hello World!

Hi readers,

My name is Alexandra Rivera, and I am currently enrolled in the English MA program and working toward the Writing & Rhetoric Certificate.  I have been working toward my BA/MA degree, and this is my first semester as an official MA student.  Last semester, I completed my student teaching at the secondary education level, working in both an eighth-grade classroom and a twelfth-grade IB classroom. I also graduated from the English Honors program, having written a thesis on Dante’s Inferno, as well as a thesis in Japanese studies on the same subject matter.  I hope to pursue my Ph.D. in medieval literature so I can further my research on Dante, but I would also love to maintain my research in Japanese Studies by doing some interdisciplinary work as well.

I’m always enthusiastic about researching and delving into new fields of study, which is why I am enrolled in this course.  I previously took Professor Ken Lindblom’s YA sci-fi class, in which we had to keep a blog and explore all the affordances of blogging, which I enjoyed very much and am looking forward to keeping again.  I’m excited to learn more about Digital Rhetoric and see how I can integrate it into my future research and even teaching practices.

Looking forward to working with you all!

2 Thoughts.

1. Nice to meet you, Alexandra! I love the look of your blog.
    I think your interest in Dante could lend itself well to the digital realm. Dante was well ahead of the curve in envisioning virtual spaces (and so were the ancients for that matter–what is mythology if not the creation of a virtual, if not a digital, realm?) Not to mention the connection between Japanese pop culture and the digital, which could be an extremely rich area to explore.

I hope that you find some exciting ideas and connections to work on this semester and look forward to your findings.

2. Hi Alexandra,
    You really quite an expansive knowledge base–I’m quite impressed and look forward to hearing your thoughts this semester!

Nice to meet you,
    ab