Introduction

For the most part of my life, photography has been part of my life, through my mother –  she loves taking photos. First, we had the film camera, then a Handycam (a small video camera), a point and shoot digital camera and finally a DSLR camera. So I used to take photos but was never interested like my mother. It was with the Canon DSLR that piqued my interest. At that point, I came to the United States.

So, last year I saved my own money to buy myself a camera and since then I have been having fun with my camera taking various types of photos – although I really enjoy taking portraits and landscape and sometimes food ( when I remember to click before I eat). I definitely appreciate things around me more, looking around all the time and especially look for beauty everywhere I go, even in everyday things.

So here are a few of my favorite photos from the past year, which I hope would serve as a baseline for the class.

The first two photos are the first few photos I took right after I bought the camera.

I still definitely have a lot to learn. I hope through this class I understand more about the concepts related to photography, learn about more photographers, understand photography in general.

I also want to learn more about editing (Photoshop and Lightroom) and get better at it.