Connect Event: Wolfie’s Walk

On September 12 I attended Wolfie’s Walk before the football game. In high school I had always loved going to foot ball games for the school and tailgating with my friends before the game began. Game days took over the town especially the big one between the two high schools in my town. In high school students brought their own food. Now here at Wolfie’s Walk my friends and I were treated to a free BBQ, which was greatly appreciated.

Getting ready to go was probably the most fun. Never had it been better to live in H Quad; being so close to the stadium meant I could wait to nearly the last minute to get ready. That is something I love to do, leave things for the last minute that is. I guess that is one of my vices. I’ll work on that this year or even better make it my New Year’s resolution. Anyway getting back to the point getting ready was a blast. Breaking out all my new Stony Brook attire and even the face paint with all my friends had everyone smiling. Once we were ready as a group we went over to the lot.

There were so many people out to see the game from all over the area. Students were of course there but alumni and parents also come to support the Stony Brook Football team. When I heard that swiping in for the game helped contribute to the Battle of the UGC I made sure to grab as many of my friends…that were in LDS of course…to come and support. Watching the marching band enter lead by Wolfie and followed by the team was a treat. Everyone had high energy and couldn’t wait to enter the stands. Finally the time came to enter the stadium and let the games begin.

Being able to connect to so much of the Stony Brook community was so rewarding. I met so many new people and made new friends. Being able to make connections at events is increasingly important in todays society where knowing the right people makes all the difference.

wolfies walk