Time for Tea with Luis

Luis Colón

CELT Instructional Designer, Luis Colón

Welcome Luis Colón, a new instructional designer at the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching at SBU. Read on to learn a little more about him.

What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part of the job so far is working with a great team who have been extremely welcoming and supportive of my growth. I also love working on engaging learning content and being a part of the learning process for students, faculty, and staff.

What did you do prior to working in CELT?
I started my career as a middle school English teacher where I taught 8th grade. I taught courses such as English 8, Intensive Reading, Creative Writing, and more. I also worked with students to develop multimedia for the school for school productions as well as for the weekly video announcements.

a cup of tea
Take a break for tea.

Coffee or tea?
I don’t drink coffee at all, only tea. There’s so many different kinds of tea to try!

Where would you like to visit (real or fictional)?
I would love to visit Japan at some point in my life. I have always wanted to go ever since I was really young and I enjoy learning about its culture and history.

What was the last book you read?
The Memory Police by Yoko Ogawa

About Carol Hernandez

Senior instructional designer and faculty developer in the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Stony Brook University. Research interests: inclusive pedagogy, women of color leadership in higher education, qualitative research, creative writing.

2 thoughts on “Time for Tea with Luis

1. Hi Luis, It wonderful to see an English Alumnus working in CELT. We always knew you’d be a great teacher, and now here you are teaching us! Well done. Congratulations on the new job, and good luck with it! -Ken L

2. It’s so great that you are now an Instructional Designer at CELT, Luis! You bring such great knowledge and teaching experience back to Stony Brook. Welcome back! We are very proud of you over here in the English Department. –P Dunn